Volunteer Introduction and Overview
The Squaxin Island Tribe is known for its generous hospitality and we need volunteers like you to help make this Canoe Journey a success.
You may select volunteer categories below and sign up online for your volunteer spot(s). We look forward to you joining our team!
If you have an emergency and can’t report to your scheduled shift, please call this number as soon as possible: 360-432-3824. Thank you!
Cultural Awareness Sensitivity
Please view these short video clips prior to your first shift.
It’s all about the Journey
Please review the Volunteer Handbook. When you click on the link below, the MicroSoft Word file will download to your computer. Please be sure to submit your RSVP (at the bottom of the document) for the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
Volunteer Sign Up Categories to Explore
1. Hospitality and Information (Hospitality: provide support and assistance at Elders and Youth services locations. Information: from one of two information booths, provide information, maps, agendas, basic supplies.)
2. Food & Meals (prep, service, set up, runners/bus tables, clean up)
3. Safety & Security (traffic, campground monitoring)
4. Transportation (bus drivers, van drivers, golf cart drivers, and parking)
5. Volunteer Support (register, check in/out volunteers)
6. Green Team (recycling, composting, and waste reduction)
8. Public Works (provide grounds and facilities maintenance support)
9. Pre-Event Volunteers
• For general questions please email Patti Puhn, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER OR VOLUNTEER GROUP,
SELECT FROM THE OPTIONS LISTED ABOVE.
(You may choose more than one option)
The 6 bus goes from the Olympia Transit Center and Capital Mall to the Kamilche Transit Center at Squaxin Island:
Squaxin Transit will provide shuttles to the protocol site and to connections with Mason County and Olympia Transit services.